SMHS Bachelor’s in Biosciences
01. - SMHS
Why study a Bachelor’s in Biosciences?
Our educational model is distinguished by its patient-centered innovative methodology, under strict control of clinical science learning in public and private hospitals.
We have strict control of basic and clinical research learning in Research Groups with a Strategic Focus (GIEEs) made up of research professors, with international prestige, and with collaborations with other research groups from universities abroad.
Check the study plan here.
02. - SMHS
Did you know?
Did you know?
Studying the Bachelor in Biosciences program will allow you to:
- Focus on health research
- Develop innovative projects
- Manage and create new alternatives in health care with ethical and humanistic orientation, using cutting-edge technology.
New approaches in medicine, such as cell therapy, and regenerative, genomic, and translational medicine, among others, are involved in the search for new molecules and patents that allow us to have new knowledge in science and its application.
This will lead us to develop an innovative treatment for various pathologies, benefiting multiple areas of health sciences.
Additionally, at TecSalud we are committed to reinforcing research in prevention, longevity, and quality of life for patients. In this, Biosciences play a fundamental role.
Over the course of your degree program you will be able to:
- Carry out research stays
- Develop and acquire new skills in the professional field.
- Focus on Neurosciences, Molecular Biology, Research, and Innovation, among others.
At the Tecnológico de Monterrey, research is a strategic activity with participation from various focus groups specialized in topics that impact patient health.
In these groups, you will be able to experience activities to expand your learning, with the commitment to train new scientists and health researchers.
A bachelor’s in Biosciences must integrate various qualities and characteristics:
- Interest in continuing education
- Scientific spirit
- High academic achievement
- Problem solver
- Proficiency in the English language
- Generates solutions for health problems with a translational approach and impact on patient care.
- Implements the elements of research design in the development of translational scientific projects that solve health problems.
- Uses state-of-the-art scientific instruments and equipment to obtain data during the development of research projects, complying with current guidelines and regulations regarding good laboratory practices.
- Proposes experimental and non-experimental strategies to approach the study of health problems, considering the methodology and adequate statistical analysis.
- Describes the relevant biomedical quantitative and qualitative data sets, considering the research objectives and using statistical measures.
- Interprets the results graphically, based on biomedical data, of a hypothesis test, and identifies the certainty of variable relationships.
- Generates statistical technical reports considering the research objectives, using software packages for the descriptive and inferential statistical analysis of biomedical data.
- Implements biochemical, cellular, and molecular methods for the study and diagnosis of infectious and non-infectious diseases, considering recent scientific and technological advances.
- Identifies histological and genetic alterations and their variants, in biological samples from experimental animals or patients, using molecular techniques, as well as and light and confocal microscopy.
- Uses cutting-edge tissue and bacterial culture techniques in vitro for the analysis of cellular physiology.
- Relates the information obtained from the biochemical, cellular, and molecular analysis of biological samples with serum and molecular markers of disease.
Management of biomedical research
- Manages processes and resources required for the development of biomedical research, under current regulations.
- Manages research funds for the acquisition of material resources and research equipment, based on the preparation of research proposals that can be funded by national and international bodies.
- Manages the process of protection of intellectual property of research projects before national and international authorities.
- You will understand the functioning of the human body based on basic, medical, and social sciences.
- You will analyze the environment to understand health-disease problems.
- You will collaborate in the development of research projects.
- You will plan and manage financial resources for research projects.
- You will carry out research tasks based on quality and biosafety standards.
- Our Tec21 model is patient-centered. You will live a learning experience based on challenges and skills, where research plays an essential role.
- You will have exchanges with prestigious universities around the world.
- You will carry out a translational research project, learn to manage resources, and learn about entrepreneurship in biosciences.
- You will have the opportunity to complete concentrations in Neuroscience, Research, and Innovation, among others.
You can apply your knowledge in:
- Public and private research centers.
- Administration of health organizations.
- Corporate health.
- National Institutes of Health.
- Public health and government programs.
- Laboratory companies.
- Public and private hospitals.
- Pharmaceutical industry.
- Quality and regulations in research.